Free School Meals
Families who have children at Heath Lane Academy may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive a qualifying benefit.
The current criteria for claiming free school meals are as follows:
- Family receives Income Support or Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance.
- NB Contribution-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance does not qualify for free school meals.
- Family receives the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Family receives Child Tax Credit and has an annual taxable income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, not in excess of £15,860.
- NB Families who are also awarded Working Tax Credit do not qualify to claim free school meals regardless of income.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related).
- NB Contribution-Based E&SA does not qualify for free school meals.
For further details visit the Warwickshire County Council Website: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
The school encourages all parents who think they may qualify to make an application.